Saturday, April 8, 2023

Beware of this "custom card" seller on eBay

 
Beware of eBay seller "BackAtTheRanch" hawking his "custom" cards.
 
First, every player's image is poorly superimposed on a random stadium background. Not very typical of cards in those series. 
 
Secondly, almost every one of his cards listed has a "Last one" warning. It seems highly unlikely that every card he is selling is down to the last one. Especially when the number of cards already sold ranges from 0 to 55. I would think that he would print the same number of each card.
 
So he printed a variable number of each card, and they are all down to the "last one"? Something smells fishy.
 
Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Brett Alan said...

I find it fairly hilarious that the watermark says "watermark". Reminds me of the current New York lottery commercial where one actress has to explain to another "You don't say 'gasp'. You just gasp."

At least this guy doesn't seem to be passing other people's work off as his own, but the "last one" bit does seem pretty sleazy. Anyway, there's no way I'm paying over 5 bucks a card for customs. I get that printing costs money, but I can buy plenty of real cards for that. I did pick up a few random "ACEO" cards in a dime box a couple months ago. That's about what most of these are worth IMO.