Some ramblings about major (and minor) league baseball in the mid-to-late 1960s, with an emphasis on my hometown Philadelphia Phillies. -- 26-SEP-2009
A master at the HBP.
He was not a master. It's so obvious that he TRIED to get hit by pitches, and therefore (according to the rules) the umpires should have disallowed it. In 1971 Hunt had 50 HBP. The 2nd-place guy had 9. NINE! Hunt's antics were a fucking joke.
I wasn't familiar with Mr. Hunt until after I started collecting Montreal Expos cards. Sad to hear that he passed away.
A master at the HBP.
ReplyDeleteHe was not a master. It's so obvious that he TRIED to get hit by pitches, and therefore (according to the rules) the umpires should have disallowed it. In 1971 Hunt had 50 HBP. The 2nd-place guy had 9. NINE! Hunt's antics were a fucking joke.
DeleteI wasn't familiar with Mr. Hunt until after I started collecting Montreal Expos cards. Sad to hear that he passed away.
ReplyDelete