Wednesday, October 12, 2016

RIP - Jose Arcia


I just saw a recent entry in Baseball-Almanac.com that 1960s' infielder Jose Arcia passed away on July 30th, 2016 at age 72. (no obituary found)


Originally signed by the expansion Houston Colt .45s in 1962, Arcia made his major-league debut with the Cubs during the 1968 season as a utility infielder.

He then played 2 seasons with the Padres: 1969 as their primary 2nd baseman, and 1970 as one of their two shortstops. He played in the minors for the next 6 seasons, before retiring in 1976.

2 comments:

Eric C. Loy said...

Arcia had one of the stranger cards in the 1973 set.

Douglas said...

I believe that the Aria card shown was first Padres card I ever had. Out of all 1969 expansion teams, I like Padres best of all and a card showing the team uniform was cool in my eyes. Aria started as a pitcher, I give him credit for staying in the game well past his Padres days.